Monday 18 February 2013

A flight of fantasy


Sitting at my office cubicle
Working away at a furious pace
I rushed against the deadline
Which laughed about at my face
 
I stretched myself a bit
Trying to relax the muscles
Closed my eyes for a moment
To relieve my self of the hassles
 
I heard a faint humming
To one of my favorite song
I picked up on the track
Together we tried to hummed along
 
My sudden joining did disturb
The pattern of my hummer's song
But then we got on together
Now to us did the tune belong
 
The song ran it due course
And we broke off our little duet
I looked up to see who was it
This songstress whom I haven't met 
 
Was surprised to see her there
The subject of my fancy always
She too was looking at me
Seemingly a bit too dazed
 
And then I smiled
She too smiled back at me
Was this a dream come true
Or a flight of fantasy...

8 comments:

  1. If this happened for real, it makes a lovely encounter, very musical so to say. Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it didnt happen for real as such... as it say... flight of fantasy :-) ... thanks for the welcome... though I doubt my own return :-)

      Delete
  2. GREAT READING YOU AFTER A BRIEF SPELL OF BEING LOST . PLEASE DO KEEP GOING ON SO AS WE TOO STAY INSPIRED BY YOUR WORDS . HAVE POSTED SOME FEW WORDS WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION OF THEM .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement... I have replied on your blog :-)

      Delete
  3. This reminded me of the movie 500 days of summer :)
    Loved the rhyming and the musical tone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow... that is inspirational... to give someone a different thought than what I had in mind... thanks for the compliments

      Delete