Friday 20 May 2011

I too had a Love Story

This is one of the few times I know the source of inspiration for my poem... and surprisingly its not just one but two sources...

One is from the book 'I too had a love story...' You can find it here - Ravinder Singh's - I too had a Love Story

The second source is from Srini's blog post --- Story of a tear drop

Dont ask how this poem originated from the two or what made me do it... that is for you to find out :-)

Read and enjoy...


Did you ever love someone
Truly from your heart's core
And still love didn't get the wings
In pain your heart did roar

I too had a love story once
Of bright day and starry night
Colored in lovely hues of passion
Life seemed like a pleasant sight

Where tear-drops if they came
Were treasured as gems precious
Smiles were always welcome
Indeed they were the most luscious

And yet we drifted apart
A reason no one can say
After a long time our paths met
Brought feelings words don't convey

I looked at her and smiled
She too smiled back at me
And even if smiles played on the lips
A sadness you could still see

Maybe this is not what it is
It's just not meant to be 
A separate me and a different you
It just didn't add up to We.


When I first wrote this poem... I had no idea of the sources... but with multiple requests always for the sources... I tried to come up with some :-)

11 comments:

  1. Just Awesome.. Bea.. uuuu tttttttii ful poem.
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Wow.

    Loved the last two lines especially... "A separate me and a different you,..It just didn't add up to We."...Too cool and deep :-).

    And for the reference to my post...Mahalo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mini --- Thank you dear... sorry to make you cry... but good to know you really loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sri --- thanks for the praise brother... well you are a really good writer and you been inspiring me for all these years now :-)

    by Mahalo, I hope you mean the Hawaii Thank you :-)

    Gracias Senor

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A separate me and a different you
    It just didn't add up to We"...
    The words have a sense of honesty and innocence attached :) love it ! keep up the great work!
    Ketki

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ketki... Thanks for the words of appreciation... you have served as an inspiration for writing such poems... in Marathi and English both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome poem, niks! Bahut badhiya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Shrek :-)
    glad to know you liked it :-)

    ReplyDelete